Thursday, February 15, 2007

Our Very 1st Valentine's Day Together

This year was the very first Valentine's Day that we were able to celebrate together. 2005 we were on our break but was still chatting. 2006 we were apart so he just got flowers delivered which I got the day after Valentine's Day. And this year...was a big surprise. He told me that he had been planning it since last month. He had mentioned before that he might take the day off for Valentine's but a week ago when I asked him he said he hopes that I won't mind if he will work that day since we will just go out to dinner. So I said that I don't mind. Yesterday morning the alarm went off & he still didn't want to get up. He did get up & got ready for work. He took too long in the bathroom so he put on his pants & just got dressed outside. So I went back to sleep. I was awaken by him again when he came back to the room to give me a kiss goodbye. I kept telling him that he will be late for work so he better go already. What he said got me suspicious. He said they won't mind if he will come in a little late today. He went out the room and minutes later came back in coz he wanted to get the chocolates he got for his nieces. I was so sleepy that I just said "uh huh" & went back to sleep. I think after 5 minutes my mother-in-law came knocking on the door to give me a special delivery. She gave me my Pineapple's gift so I could enjoy it already while he is still at work. My Pineapple gave me a picnic basket, Bailey's chocolates, a chocolate rose & the Carebear chocolates. So after my mother-in-law gave me the gifts she asked me if I wanted breakfast. So she went out the room & I just stared at the stuff I have in front of me. Then all of a sudden my Pineapple Eric came storming in the room screaming "Happy Valentine's Day!" with a rose & a card in hand. I read the card he gave me and it was so nice it made me weepy. He totally surprised me. By this time I was totally awake. He told me to get dressed so we can go out for breakfast & then we will go to Seaworld & he showed his Seaworld passport which was another surprise. We went to breakfast at Ihop's with Mama Vee before we headed to Seaworld. When we got there, the very first thing we rode was Atlantis. First goes through the water drop then turns into a rollercoaster ride. We rode it twice in a row. Then off to the Antarctic ride. After that we walked around the park & checked out the show times for Shamu, for the Dolphins, for the Haunted Lighthouse & all that. We saw the penguins by this small viewing area, we also those killer whale look-a-likes but as big as dolphins, we also saw the dolphins but it was not feeding time yet so we were not able to feed them. I was able to touch a starfish. Those things are as hard as rock. Got to feed the stingrays. Those are scary. You are suppose to hold the fish vertically between your fingers and lay your palm flat and they'll suck it it. One accidentally sucked my pinky & it scared the heck out of me that I just threw some of the fishes into the water once they got near my hand. Coz that time I was the only one feeding them so they all went towards my direction. After knowing that Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin died from a stingray's tail I was horrified by those. We saw sharks, polar bears, a walrus that I thought was a sea monster at first coz I just saw it for a second before it appeared again. The Beluga whales which I thought at first where sperm whales & then accidentally blurting out, "There's the Sperm Cell". Luckily, no one heared me. HA HA HA! Then we also saw different salt- & fresh water fish. The Shamu Show was nice. We sat by the splash zone which we were a bit puzzled how we will get wet if we had sat like 10 rows away from the front one which I know really gets wet. There were 3 orca's that performed. One was Shamu, then a mom & the baby orca. When Shamu jumped in front of our area we got splashed a bit but not so bad. But for the last trick that the 3 orca's had to do, people should yell "Shamu, Shamu" & make a tail sign with their hands. I was mortified by what shamu did. He splashed water with his tale towards the audience. That was when we found out how they could wet everyone in the huge splash zone area. It could really reach the very last row of the splash zone. I told my Pineapple that we better leave coz we don't have any change of clothes with us. I went running out coz they were heading towards our area. HA HA HA! We saw the Haunted Lighthouse also which was a 4-D show. After we saw the huge horses. Those ones they use at parades. Then before we headed home, we went & rode Atlantis again & that was when I got more wet than the first one. It was a fun date! Our very first Valentine's Day

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/lesliehoward/1st%20Valetines%20Day/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home