Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Day At The Wild Animal Park

It was my mother-in-law's birthday yesterday so she asked my dad-in-law if he wants to go to the Wild Animal Park today. And she also asked me & the girls if they wanted to come. Since it is Superbowl Sunday today, my dearest Pineapple had plans to watch the game with his friends. So it was just me, my in-laws, my sister-in-law & her girls.

It's my first time to go to the Wild Animal Park. On our way there we saw a vineyard, an orange grove & an ostrich farm. I got in free coz my mother-in-law is a Platinum member so she can bring someone in for free.

So what animals were we able to see there? Hmmm....

We first went through a huge birdcage...then proceeded to walk towards the Lion's Camp. When we first got there I saw this huge Lioness behind the glass window which at first I thought was just a life-like statue. But it moved so that was when I started to get amazed. LOL! Then we walked up the hill & pass through a trail to go see the Tigers. When we got there they were hiding in the bushes so we really didn't get to see them that much. We saw different kinds of birds like the condor & also the bald eagle. Saw some rodents as usual. Some monkeys & apes. And then we rode the train to go around the park. There we got to see the Rhinos & the guide explained to us about how they would cover their whole bodies with their mud which has their poop & pee. The guide calls it zoodoo. And that even if the park people would clean up the walls where they go do their business, they would always go in the same place. It is because rhinos have blurry vision so they communicate through their stinky smell. Oh, I am telling you...it is STINKY!!! We saw groups of antelopes. I also got to feed the lorikeet. It was scary though coz when they poop it is watery & shoots out like a water gun. When my in-laws got tired one of the girls took me to see the spiders & we went in the huge birdcage again. After that the two girls & I went to the Heart of Africa to go see the huge catfish. We didn't get to see a very huge one but the one we saw was pretty big already.

When we went home we were looking forward to find out who won the Superbowl coz we made bets on who we think we will win & what will be the total final score. And one of the girls won the pot money. It was just 25 cents for each person & only 7 of us made bets. It was a fun day.

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/lesliehoward/Wild%20Animal%20Park/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home