Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Guidance & Counseling

I had finished my CFO guidance & counseling seminar. I got my certificate already and it wasn't that nerve wracking at all. I arrived there at almost 7 a.m. Waited until someone came out and started calling our names (which we had written down our names when we entered the gate). Then when my name was called, the woman said I need photocopy of my birth certificate and my passport. So had to go all the way around Katipunan to find a copier. Then I went back and waited for my turn to register. My ID said i was #2 for the 10 a.m. batch. After that a lady called each one of us and took our photocopied documents and stapled the form we have to fill up. Then, a guy took my picture. Went and filled up the forms...paid the PHP250 fee. And waited for the video viewing to start. It was only 8:50 a.m. so I had to wait a bit. Then a woman came in and gave us all some brochures of BPI bank (which I already have an account). Then the nun came in and started explaining to us why we needed to attend the guidance counseling. And then we started to view a documentary which I felt so loomy after seeing it. All spouses & fiancee's were separated into each room by country. The group counseling then started. They explained what to expect, what big adjustments we will have, & what to do at the airport and when we arrived in the US. They explained what steps are needed to adjust status. Then we were called one by one for the individual counseling. Well, I was the first one called. She asked:

- What exactly do I do here?
- How I did I met my fiance? What happened? What did he say in his email?
(I told them I contact him first.HA HA HA!)
- When exactly was it when we first met online?
(I was afraid if she will ask when we were bf/gf coz it was a week after the first email.
But we consider being together the exact same day we had met online.)
- When did he first visited? Until when?
- Have he met my family? How did they feel towards him?
- Have I met his parents?
(I told her that me & his mom emails every single day and sometimes we chat too)
- Did we have an engagement party? Nope, we didn't.

She asked to see pictures of us together. And when she saw we went around the country she asked if it was just the two of us who went. I said yes. She followed it by saying that I'm lucky my parents had let me go alone. And then it was done. I was out the counseling room. And waited down stairs for the certificate. And now, We are one step down. Only 2 more left...the medical and interview. I hope we get to find out when my interview will be. And that I will pass both of those with flying colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home