Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day and my Navy Veteran father-in-law, me, my Pineapple & my sister-in-law Dederia went to join the parade by the San Diego Harbor. It was just a mile walk but it took forever it seems for it to start moving. We were with the VA Hospital group & we handed out little US flags to the crowd & also some greeting cards. Me & my Pineapple waved a flag also. People were clapping & saying thank you to those who were in the parade passing them by. I know those thank you's were for the veterans & also the workers at the VA Hospital but I have never seen such patriotism. We saw those old "American muscle" cars that has hydraulics in them and also those biker dudes. My Pineapple said to me that people think those guys are mean or something but they the most patriotic Americans. Even with the long wait, it was fun! Plus on our way back to where we parked our van at we took the scenic route. We saw the big cruise ships, sail boats, a submarine & a Pirate ship up close. Took some pictures also of those.

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/lesliehoward/veterans%20day%202006/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello cool stuff here!!!! looking at your pixx make me wanna come back in cali !!!!!:) take care!!!!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home