Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday - My husband's softball night

Just got home from softball & it was my first time to play for my Pineapple's team. First half of the season is over & this is the only time I got to play. He is the manager of their team so he gets to decided where to put people. Jon, his boss at work, had asked me before the season started to sign in also & be a back up player just in case a day like this would come...where in they will be short in players. I had fun. I played ROVER so I kept on running in & out the outfield whenever a girl or a guy would be batting.

What a timing for my husband to make me play! Coz we played against the best team in the league (BTW, we are just playing in a C League competition). The first time we played against that team well, we scored 0-20. It is only an hour game so they gave us a mercy game that time. But tonight we got to score some runs. Even if we only scored like around 5 (or was it 7?). We seemed to have so much fun tonight compared to the other nights I watched them play. They were getting so serious about it & forgetting to have fun. But tonight was different. My husband was so proud of me. I went up to pitch twice. The first time I hesitated to swing so I struck out. The second time I just said to my self "what the heck! I'll just swing" & I hit the ball. But it didn't went too far so I got out from 1st base.

I saw that my Pineapple had fun also & he was also happy with his play tonight so it was good. He had been grumpy the last two games they played so he forgot to have fun. But this time he did have fun. What made this night a good one even if we lost, again, was that we found Pikinik Ketchup flavor at K-mart so ofcourse we had to buy a couple of those. Coz that stuff is so hard to find here.

I think next week he will let me play again coz he said I did good for my first time. Plus he said he can tell I want to play again. HA HA HA! I am not sure if I do or do not. So we will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home